I PASS ON THE PASSAT
Most Annoying Car Commercials---most suck, but the VW ad for the Passat takes the cake for uber-doofusness. And what the hell kind of a name is Passat anyway? Sounds like something you cough up after snorting coke on a urinal. Passat...sounds more like ASSHAT. No thanks, I'll stick with my Jazzy. 5 miles an hour, fully electric.
COSMOS, CARL, AND CUCUMBERS FOR BRAINS
Carl Sagan warned us 33 years ago in his epic miniseries Cosmos that we were headed for extinction. Did we listen? Shit, we just decided HELL YEAH, let's do that extinction thang. He's in the Next World, going, "billions and billions of brain dead..."
"WE HAVE MET THE ENEMY AND HE IS US" - WALT KELLY, 1953
The Atlanta shooting should stand as still another sign post for "hey, certain folks shouldn't have access to projectile weapons." Take me, for instance, none of y'all would want someone as nuts as me brandishing a gat, right? And if I was going to ever own a piece, it would HAVE to have a laser site because I can't hit the barn side of a broad. And it would likely have to have some heft. Maybe a Super Aegis 2. :OD
Hmmm, started out the month with 635 friends, then 634 last week, 633 this week. I guess I must be doing something right :OD. "On one thing you can depend, and that's my ability to offend."
THOSE PESKY GOPS TRYING TO BOB FILNER YOUR NETHERS
Politicians who advocate that rape is just a form of "rough sex," need to have their dose of Cialis replaced, surreptitiously, of course, with a prescription grade laxative.
SPEAKING OF GRINNING (R)APES...
Bob "Filthy" #Filner should resign, then be thrown in the hoosegow with Jerry Sandusky. They'd make a great couple...of pervs.
TWEETMEATS (FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @JamesEFinch)
- We need more Antoinette Tuffs in this world and less Wayne LaPierres. True heroes who use courage and words rather than cowardice and guns.
- When I was young, I thought the term "Prosecute" referred to a good looking ho. I lived a sheltered life.
- Mother Jones, WTF is up with you telling a lie, misquoting Aaron Sorkin, one of the best writers in media? Are you becoming Republicans?
- Irony on a galactic scale: When the #NRA claims the Gov't is trying to start a gun ownership database, when it's the #NRA doing just that.
- Bashar al-Assad, also known as Bastard Asshat, slaughters his own people by the thousand & we still haven't sent a nuke down his pants yet?
AND ON A SERIOUS NOTE...
We don't need to take up the sword to stop a sword---we need heroes whose words bring down walls and shatter hatred. And by that reckoning, all of us have the potential to change the world.