I know it's just a series of farts in a hurricane as i am one of millions, but like a good share of the thinking public, I realize that:
- 1. The military industrial complex wants him to attack using moral justification and what I feel is dubious national security concerns,
- 2. It already is being compared to Iraq, which was based on a lie,
- 3. An attack of a Russian strategic ally will lead to World War 3 as the attack will be viewed by Putin as THEIR red line,
- 4. Unilateral attack without Congress and the rest of the UN sec council and other countries will be viewed as a huge historical and strategic failure after it occurs, regardless of whether it cripples Assad or not,
- 5. While it is appalling what Assad has done, we cannot repeat the gigantic error of Iraq,
- 6. American people by and large do not support the attack, and they're the ultimate judge, right or wrong, as while we have an eroded democracy, it is still a democracy.