Saturday, July 12, 2014

The Border Children Are Our Children

It's about time we remove the bone up our asses as a nation and let the children who are victims of violence, sex trafficking, and slave trafficking become part of us. They are refugees. It's about time we dust off that "give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses." 


This isn't China crowded by over a billion, or India with their billion or so. 

We are a vast nation, a melting pot of all kinds of colors, creeds, beliefs, ideas. We have the space, we just have to develop the will and stop seeing people as "others." They are our sisters and brothers.

"For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home." 

Hmmm, I wonder who said this...?

No comments:

Post a Comment